International School Almere
It is the mission of the International School Almere to inspire our students to reach their full potential and through them contribute to a better and more peaceful world by striving for academic excellence, intercultural awareness and mutual respect.
To do so, we offer our students a challenging, comprehensive education within a diverse, caring and encouraging community of learners, enabling them to develop the intellectual and social skills necessary to achieve their full potential.
Diversity is essential to our mission. According to the principles stated in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights, people of all races, nations and religions should respect and honour each other. We teach our students to understand and respect the views, values and traditions of other individuals and cultures, as well as their own. The school’s commitment to academic excellence is matched by a belief in holistic learning. All members of the school community are encouraged to pursue excellence and are recognized for their achievements.
– motivating students to learn how to acquire knowledge by making full use of resources both within and outside the school, using a variety of teaching strategie – challenging students to realise their potential, recognising that all students have the ability to learn and that they learn at different rates, have different learning styles, abilities and interests;
– providing a positive, welcoming and safe environment with clear stated expectations and guidelines;
– delivering a high quality international programme leading to the IB-diploma in preparation for higher education;
– encouraging self-discovery and self-expression that values understanding and appreciation of diversity;
– promoting a knowledge and understanding of world issues and intercultural awareness.
ISAlmere provides a full authorized, high quality international programme leading to the IB-diploma in preparation for higher education.
Our objectives are:?
– Instruction in English, support of the mother tongue language and foreign languages, social studies, biology, mathematics and sciences, as well as technology, drama and physical education;
– Focus on creative thinking, intercultural awareness, critical reasoning and effective communication skills;
– Curriculum development committee that systematically reviews and updates the curriculum;
– International accreditation