Knus Thuys Creche
Childcare for children up to the age of 4 years. Day care and after school care. Offers flexible childcare. Carers have first aid qualification. Open until 18:30. At Overtoom 542, 1054 LM Amsterdam
Childcare Knus Thuys, Amsterdam
To us, working with children means working with our hearts and with compassion.
Our childcare centres Knus Thuys offer a safe, secure, cosy second home to children, parents and employees, in a professional and positive setting.
We have purposely chosen to have small centres where parents and children will feel at home; where everyone knows one another; where we work with a sound approach on all fronts, especially with regards to all things pedagogic; and where knowledge and skills come together.
WHAT WERE OFFERERING
- Warm organic meals, outside play, experiential learning;
- A complete pedagogical package: the centre as a second home, satisfaction, focusing on talents, proactive in language development, the best employees (passionate about their jobs/mbo+/hbo) and working with themes;
- Individual professional pedagogical/educational assistance for parents (on request);
- Nanny service at home (in the future);
- Quality innovations like the use of apps;
• The use of hand puppets to help stimulate language and fantasy.
We want to contribute to the childrens upbringing. Our goal is for children to become independent, stable, inquisitive, socially developed adults who are focused on the outside world and know they can depend on their own abilities. We will do everything we can to make sure you and your child will have a wonderful time at our daycare centre.
The basis of our vision of daycare is formed by our belief in a childs innate strengths and talents. We embrace our three pillars, namely:
- Warm organic meals
We serve warm organic meals, organic bread, fruit and sandwich fillings. If a child requires a special diet, we will discuss with the parents how we can arrange this. The parents will provide the food, the daycare centre contributes in the costs. No sugar policy: we don´t serve sweets/candy.
- Outside play: every day the children play outside for a minimum of 1 hour.
Through playing outside, children learn how to handle risks - within safe boundaries. It contributes to their safety to be able to have control over their bodies, and consequently their motor development. How do I keep my balance? Outside play is also stimulating for cognitive tasks, like investigating your surroundings, being creative and solving problems independently. If I do this, what happens next. What happens when I mix water and sand? Children learn to discover things in a natural way. Nowadays children are sometimes sent to a special training course to learn how to fall. Now that doesnt sound like natural development, does it?
- Experiential learning: allowing children to experience the world: below you will find an example from the pedagogic vision. This is also available for toddlers and pre-schoolers.
Intake procedure (after registration and a tour of our daycare centre)
If your child has been placed in our daycare centre, you, the parent(s)/carer(s) will be invited for an intake meeting. During this intake meeting you will receive information about the general policies of our daycare centre. We will also agree on the practicalities of your childs settling-in period at our daycare centre, if possible, before the agreed start date of the contract.
The most important thing is that children and parents feel welcome and that there is enough time to say goodbye and provide each other with the necessary information. Parents can have a cup of coffee or tea, and stay for a while to read a book or play a game with their child before saying goodbye. When you are ready to leave, we will say goodbye together with your child. It depends on your child, how you would like this to happen.
The settling in period consists of a maximum of 4 days (on the days that your child will be attending the daycare centre), and your child will stay at the centre progressively longer each day. This way, children, parents and daycare staff will have enough time to get used to the new situation and to each other. You will be assigned a settling-in coach, a specific person at the daycare centre who will answer all your questions.
- The 1st settling-in day is from 10.00 - 11.00 together with the parent.
- The 2nd settling-in day is from 10.00 - 11.00 without the parent.
- The 3rd settling-in day is from 10.00 - 12.00 without the parent.
- The 4th settling-in day is from 10.00 - 15.30 without the parent.
After the settling-in period
Six weeks after the intake meeting, we will conduct an evaluation, in which we discuss how well the child and the parents have settled in. These talks are aimed mainly at the well-being of the child and the parents.
Our pedagogical policies etc. are to be found at the centre.
REGISTRATION AND CONTACT INFORMATION: [email protected]
Please fill in the registration form if you would like to register with us.
Overtoom 542, ages 0 to 4 years. Telephone number: 020 6898810
You will be invited for a tour, based on availability.