Insuring a UK reg car

3 Replies

Any suggestions as to who I can insure my UK registered car for a further six months in Holland? The UK insurance is about to expire after 180 days' use outside the UK.


TBJ-836680 1328017914

Have you taken up residency here? If so I believe your car should be re-registered on Dutch plates.

Penny Wise-836404 1328446533

Thanks but I am still a UK resident, and travel back regularly. My problem is that my present insurer will only cover me for a maximum 6 months overseas in 1 year.

Henry-835792 1328540132

I had a similar situation a couple of years ago and arranged the insurance through the AA in UK. Wasn't cheap though!

Join the discussion