Osteopath or Physio

3 Replies



Can anyone tell me the difference between the services offered by these 2 types of health care professionals and which would be the best to visit for a painful back caused by leg length difference?


Yorkshirelass-332884 1240862178

I would have thought an osteopath would be a better bet - aren't physios more for sport injuries or treatment after broken limbs etc.??

Cormac-332413 1240920869

You might find your answer here: http://www.bridgetohealth.co.uk/2008/11/whats-the-difference-between-osteopathy-physiotherapy-and-chiropractice/

I assumed osteopaths and chiropractors were one and the same under different names and the physio was post-injury treatment.

janus-332224 1249666745

I'd recommend a physio. They work on long term matters such as curing damage and correcting pain that are the result of bad posture. For the most part, they do an assessment and then devise appropriate excercises and it's up to you to do what they say else you can't expect an improvement.

Osteos fix broken things like if you've thrown your back out, and osteo can work it back into shape and then give you excercises to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I'm sure that both types would be dead offended and say I'm simplifying things, but osteos are quick fix, physios are slow repair (and chiropracters can break you so bad you need a physio or an osteo to fix you)

Join the discussion