If you are a student (under 28 years old) or have students in the family who achieved a diploma this year and you (or they) are looking for their first job, you might like to know about financial benefits that can be claimed to help with that first crucial job search.
Students can apply online to ARPE (L’Aide à la recherche du premier emploi) which generates a paper form by post requiring a signature and various documents to be returned.
The monthly amount can be between 200 to 300 euros and is paid for a maximum of four months, so well worth applying for.
The student must be under 28 years of age; they must apply within 4 months from the date of the exam results and have achieved a diploma in 2017 from this list:
- certificat d’aptitude professionnelle ou certificat d’aptitude professionnelle agricole ;
- baccalauréat professionnel ;
- baccalauréat technologique ;
- brevet des métiers d’art ;
- brevet professionnel ou brevet agricole obtenu par la voie de l’apprentissage ;
- brevet de technicien ;
- diplôme de l’enseignement supérieur à finalité professionnelle obtenu sous statut d’étudiant ou par la voie de l’apprentissage.
To help you with that job search, it might be a good idea to sign up with one of the local employment agencies on the French Riviera.
And if you want to know more about what to expect from an employment contract in France then take a look at our page on Employment in France.