From today, Deutsche Bahn and Telekom are offering 30 minutes free Wi-Fi via hotspots at the railway stations Hamburg-Hauptbahnhof, Hamburg-Altona and Hamburg-Harburg. The hotspots cover big public areas within the station and some waiting areas.
List of all the railway stations with Wi-Fi here
And this is how it works:
- Activate “WLAN” or Wi-Fi on your smart phone or laptop and show networks
- Select “Telekom” and connect
- start internet – railway station hotspot shows
- type in your mobile number (all national and international numbers accepted)
- SMS code is sent to you
- type in SMS code into hotspot portal
- you can use Wi-Fi for 30 minutes now
After 30 minutes, further service can be purchased – various tariffs available.
Source: Deutsche Bahn Press Release