As usual, the public transport within the HVV will serve on a special holiday timetable at New Year’s Eve and New Year.
Buses and trains on New Year’s Eve and New Year:
- During the day on December 31, buses and trains serve the Saturday timetable. This will be reduced in the afternoon.
- During the night, all connections will be served at least every 20 minutes, including destinations outside of Hamburg and all final stops, and with additional bus lines offering more connections.
U-Bahn and S-Bahn:
- U3 between Schlump and Barmbek (via Hbf and Berliner Tor) will run every 10 minutes until 4:00 in the morning
- U4 runs every 10 minutes between Überseequartier and Billstedt.
- S1 between Othmarschen and Hbf every10 minutes until 4:00 in the morning
- S3 between Altona and Harburg every 10 minutes until 2:30
- From Neugraben to Stade additional trains at 1:54 and 2:54
- A1 and A2 every 40 minutes
- A3 additional train at 2:00 from Elmshorn to Henstedt-Ulzburg
Buses and regional trains
- Regional trains and bus lines will offer additional connections
- At midnight, buses will pause for about an hour.
- On January 1, public transport operates on Sunday timetable
More information: hvv.de “timetables”