Thank you Cees for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer our questions.
1. Tell us about your products/ services.
Premium products, that is what we have in our shop. Well known brands like Bang&Olufsen, LOEWE, Miele, JURA, SONOS and many more. With premium products you need premium service, that is what we deliver.
2. How long have you been in business and why did you choose this sector ?
I am in the business for more than 20 years, I like the products very much and the technical side is very interesting. KOUDIJS BV however is in this business for more than 100 years!
3. What is the thing you like most about your work ?
What I like the most is all the different kind of people you see every day. You never know what the day is going to bring. And all the beautiful Amsterdam houses I get to see, when I visit the customers at their homes.
4. Which different nationalities are your clients ?
English, French, American, German, Spanish. Yesterday we shipped the biggest TV (77”) to the USA for a customer.
5. What do you think they love best about living in Amsterdam?
The cosiness is what they love the best, in Dutch we say ‘gezellig’. Amsterdam is just a small village, your bike brings you everywhere, within minutes.
6. What do you like to do in your time off ?
Walking on the beach with wife and kids and our Irish softcoated Terrier, I have three daughters. Also gathering with friends and family for a nice brunch or dinner every once in a while. Friday evening wine club, to celebrate the weekend.
7. What is your fondest memory or proudest moment at work ?
Best moment is when you visit a customer after all the work has been done, and everything has just worked out the way it was planned. And they are just very happy with all the new products.
8. What do you think that the expats think of the Dutch people ?
That the Dutch speak their foreign languages very well. And that we are open people. Easy to communicate with.
9. Which product or service is your best seller and why?
At the moment that is definitely the OLED TV. Best picture quality at the moment. A must see, before you buy anything !
10. What good Dutch words should expats learn
Fiets, gezellig, lachen, middag borrel, goed, mooi, lelijk, aardig, lief, kijk uit! , dank je wel, goedemorgen, lekker.
Essential info :
Tel : 020 370 0055