Thank you Anja for taking the time out from your busy schedule to answer our questions and give us some great insight into your methods for learning Dutch !
1. Tell us about your products/ services.
With Flowently I launched a unique concept to learning Dutch, the ‘live language sessions’. Learning Dutch is one thing, but speaking Dutch another. Flowently fills the gap between theory and reality; practise Dutch conversation in real life situations with a private tutor. You can book sessions of your choice, meet up with a local tutor of your choice in a café and learn what you want, whenever and wherever. A modern and enjoyable alternative to traditional language classes. We offer sessions for 1 or 2 people (go Dutch) and you can find our tutors in more than 50 cities in the Netherlands.
2. How long have you been in business and why did you choose this sector ?
I have been teaching Dutch to internationals in Amsterdam for 20 years now, and Flowently is a result of and based on this experience. Communication ‘issues’ always had my interest.
3. What is the thing you like most about your work ?
Meeting people from all over the world and having interesting conversations.
4. Which different nationalities are your clients ?
We don’t have – not yet – clients from Papua New Guinea, apart from that, from everywhere.\
5. What do you think they love best about living in Amsterdam?
Absolutely number 1 is CYCLING in village Amsterdam.
6. What do you like to do in your time off ?
On the beach, feet in the water, wind in my hair, I love travelling as well and working on my paintings.
7. What is your fondest memory or proudest moment at work ?
When people suddenly realise they can understand or speak Dutch without thinking, ‘when your Dutch intuition starts working’.
8. What do you think that the expats think of the Dutch people ?
A bit direct, friendly and also not easy to make friends, tolerant or indifferent?
9. Which product or service is your best seller and why?
Flowently’s café session, learn Dutch in a relaxed atmosphere, meeting locals.
10. What good Dutch words should expats learn ?
Ja graag, graag gedaan, inderdaad, uitstekend, fantastisch, mooi!
Web : https://flowently.com
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 085 888 3012