Working Visas in Singapore – Condensed

Information on Employment Passes and Work Permits in Singapore

Singapore has very stringent employment policies with regards to foreign workers. These are strictly enforced and companies or individuals that float these rules face heavy fines or imprisonment.

Click here to see full details of Employment Passes (EPs)

  • An Employment Pass application is usually made by the employer. This application process can start before the foreigner’s arrival in Singapore, but can only be finalised when the successful applicant has arrived in Singapore and handed his or her passport to the authorities for verification.
  • The P1, income over $8K pass, P2 Pass income between $4500 and $7999 a month & the Q1 Pass.

Click here to see full details Specialised EP Types

  • Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) a holder of this pass can stay in Singapore for up to 6 months between jobs and the pass is not tied to an employer. Annual fixed salay requirement is $144,000, applicable throught the three year period.
  • Short Term Employment Pass
    Allows foreigners to work in Singapore on a specific project, up to a maximum time frame of one month only. The STEP is a one-time only, non-renewable permit.
  • EntePass is an Employment Pass for foreign entrepreneurs who would like to start a business in Singapore.
  • S Pass an be applied for by any mid-level skilled workers, such as technicians, who wish to work in Singapore. Companies can be restricted to how many of these passes can be issued, depending on type of business and how many Singaporeans/ PR’s, are within the total work force. Employers who have never applied for WPs or S Passes are required to submit an application for Industrial Classification, prior to submitting the WP/S Pass applications (which should be done online).

Click here to see full details on Training Passes

  • Training employment passes for foreigners are suitable for those who are training for professional jobs, whereas Training Work Permits are meant for unskilled or semi-skilled foreigners who are receiving training in Singapore

Click here for full details on Work Permits

  • A Work Permit is needed for any skilled or unskilled foreigner with a basic monthly salary of not more than S$1,800.
  • The types of job available to foreign unskilled workers are limited and strictly controlled, and a government levy is payable for each foreign worker. On top of that a S$5,000 Security Bond is required for each worker employed.

Click here for full detals on Dependant Pass & Letter of Consent

  • The Dependant’s Pass (DP) entitles the immediate family of an Employment Pass (EP) holder to live in Singapore with the EP holder.
  • Employment Pass / S-Pass holders with a minimum salary of S$4000 and above may apply for a Dependant’s Pass for their spouse and unmarried or legally adopted children under 21 years of age.
  • If a person holding a Dependant’s Pass wishes to work in Singapore, they must obtain a Letter of Consent (LOC) from the Singapore Ministry of Manpower.

Click here for full details for a Work Holiday Pass

  • The Work Holiday Pass (WHP) allows foreign students from certain countries to work in Singapore for a maximum of six months, two times. Participants may secure employment after arriving in Singapore, and there are no restrictions on the type of work or any minimum salary requirements.