#FreeConeDay – Free Ice Cream!
Ice ice baby…thanks Ben & Jerry’s
Throughout the course of a year, there are many “International Day of + insert food item”, perhaps more than there ought to be. But you know, people do dig them. Good excuse to have waffles/burgers/steak/burrito/sushi and what not. However, there is one special “Day of” event that seems to get people extra excited – Free Cone Day! After all, everyone loves ice cream and even more so when it’s free ice cream. Thanks to Ben and Jerry, Jerry and Ben – two cool hippie dudes from Burlington, Vermont VT.
Well Free Cone Day is upon us once again. Tomorrow – Tuesday 4th April is when you can get your mitts on free Ben & Jerry’s ice cream here in Madrid. Their way to show us some ice cream love…a whole lotta love as this has been going ever since 1979 around the world and more specifically since 2002 in Spain. Good old Ben & Jerry’s with their funky letters and wacky flavour names.
Here you have the official event photo from Ben&Jerry Spain’s Facebook (@benandjerryspain)
When: Tomorrow 4th April
What time: Between 3 – 7pm
Where: Two points
1) Universidad Carlos III – Campus de Getafe (C/Madrid, 126) and 2) Ben & Jerry’s Foodtruck at El Corte Inglés department store (C/Goya, 85-87)
What ice cream: Two types : Ben & Jerry’s Cookie Dough 150ml nd Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie 150ml. DIVINE.
Whilst stocks last – 5,000 per location. So this could get competitive!
Sharing is caring…or perhaps not?
SOME BEN & JERRY’S FUN FACTS
Did you know that:
- Their 3 core values are: Peace, Love and Ice Cream. Catchyyyy
- Ben is Ben Cohen
- Jerry is Jerry Greenfield
- They opened their first shop in April 1978, a refurbished petrol station
- In 1979 they started with Free Cone Day, originally to thank everyone for their support and love during their first year of existence
Happy ice creamin’ tomorrow!
Betsy Cherry Garcia x