Colours galore! Literally..this is the Festival of Colour we are talking about
From food to good mood…there will be plenty of smiles and laughter all around tomorrow afternoon and evening – Saturday 5th August – down in Lavapies – so don’t miss out! Monsoon Holi Madrid aka Monsoon Party is back for its 4th edition and promises to be even more fun. So dig out some old white clothes, round up the troops…and head down to Plaza Arturo Barea, which FYI is the new name for the old Agustín Lara (thanks Miss Carmena for changing that, ahem).
All the deet and colourful stats you need
- Tomorrow Saturday 5th August – from 4pm to 10pm. What else would you be doing….okay, c’mon, finish that caña and head down with your buddies…
- 5000 people – 600 kilos of coloured flower power powder (tongue twister moment) called “gulal” and a whole lot of water
- On 7 occasions they will be throwing powder around from the main stage. On the hour from 5pm-10pm but also at 8.30pm
- 80 dancers from 10 Madrid and BCN-based companies will be showing off their moves…you can cut some shapes too
- Just in case you weren’t sure…it’s completely free!
- Though what isn’t free is if you would to buy some extras. Like a power-up in an addictive Candy Crush-esque game. For example, you can buy packs for 2 euros – (or 3 for a fiver, 6 for a tenner), 1.5L coloured water for 2 euros and water puns..I mean guns, will set you back 3 euros.
- In case you need video convincing – check this out:
Official event poster below and the official website is www.festivalholi.es. HAVE FUN!!!