Do you like photography? Are you fan of Madrid’s wonderful markets? Then this new photography competition “Imágenes de Mercado” is most definitely for you, yes siree. Until 31st October aka Halloween aka day before a bank holiday…you can submit your photos celebrating Madrid’s 46 municipal markets and how special, cultural and unique they are. Sure you guys can do them justice and make me proud as well. Everyone has a favourite market – be it more traditional, more hipster, more central or more under-the-radar. So now’s your chance to capture your own personal vision.
Food in markets
You can even devour some nice food along the way! Don’t forget that there are some wonderful places located within some of these markets around the centre. For example: Tuk Tuk has a stall in Mercado de Vallehermoso, Cuxta in Mercado de la Cebada is one of the best and most exciting new Mexican players on the scene.
Last but not least, massive shout out to the best focaccias this side of Italy – Deli Peppe – newly opened in Mercado de Ventas. Just look at how happy Peppe and his lovely mum look – that’s what the markets are about too – tradition, family, products.
Details of the competition
Going back to the competition at hand, please find below some of the most important information for your reference.
- Who: Open to everyone and all devices
- Where: As long one of Madrid’s 46 markets is the model, either inside or outside
- Why take part? There are 10 prizes per categories and 3 categories in total: Individual (whatever theme you desire), Historical (old photos) y Report (a themed report of at least 7 photos)
- Until: 31 de octubre de 2017.
- How to take part: Via the official website www.imagenesdemercado.es.
Here are some of my personal favourite “mercado” moments:
- Chilling on the terrace sipping cava – Mercado de San Ildefonso
- Visiting Urban Orchard and trying their amazing organic cold-pressed juices and other vegan delights – Mercado de Anton Martin
- Taking selfies with the coloured pigs – Mercado de San Anton
What are yours?