The agenda for November 2012 at MAMCO, Geneva’s Musée d’art moderne et contemporain, is filled with great events that are free of charge thanks to the support of the Fondation Lombard Odier.
If you’d like to find out more about Switzerland’s biggest contemporary art museum, here’s some dates for your diary:
1. MUSÉE GRATUIT
On the first Sunday of each month MAMCO organizes a guided tour in French beginning at 3pm. The date for November is Sunday 4th, don’t miss it !
On the first Wednesday of each month, entry to the museum is free for the ‘Nocturnes‘, special guided visits that take place from 6pm to 9pm. Visits in French are at 6pm and at 7pm in English. The November ‘Nocturnes‘ will be on Wednesday 7th.
These visits are all free and require no previous booking. Why not take the opportunity to visit MAMCO and then try out some great cafes and restaurants in Plainpalais ?
- Family rendez-vous at MAMCO © Musée d’Art Moderne et Contemporain
2. MAMCO for Children
MAMCO organizes some fab activities for the little ones, here’s a list of the upcoming ‘rendez-vous’ in November:
- Sunday 4th November 2012 at 11.15am “On fait semblant?” fun and interactive tour in French for children aged 5-10 accompanied by an adult.
- Mini Rendez-vous Wednesday 7th November 2012 at 3.15pm for young chidren aged 2-4 accompanied by an adult. The theme will be “Sous mon lit…” (in French).
- Wednesday 7th November 2012 at 3.15pm: “Tour du monde” for children aged 5-10, accompanied by an adult.
- Wednesday 14th November 2012 at 3.15pm: “Les étranges collections des artistes” for children aged 5-10, accompanied by an adult.
- Wednesday 21st November 2012 at 3.15pm: “Dessins d’ombre et de lumière” for children aged 5-10, accompanied by an adult.
- Wednesday 28th November 2012 at 3.15pm: “Sautons dans le tableau” for children aged 5-10, accompanied by an adult.