Is your Non-Profit Organisation compliant and fully optimised?
from Jun 8
th 2017 to Jun 8 th 2017
Compliance and VAT of non-profit organisations will be reviewed, with some items highlighted:
Compliance for Non-Profits:
• NPO tax return: What not to forget (company cars, withholding tax…), what needs to be enclosed, risk of being taxed as a corporation
• Asset declaration: What to include?
• Forms 2xx regarding income paid to third parties (sub-contractors)
• Publications in the Official Gazette (proxies, binding powers given to employees, directors)
• Deposit Accounts through the trade court or National Bank of Belgium,
• List of members
• Others (etc)
VAT for Non-Profits:
As regards to VAT special coverage of cost sharing will be presented: VAT is often a cost in the non-profit. In order to avoid this VAT burden (partial or completely) a cost sharing association might be a solution. Recently the Belgian VAT regulation regarding cost sharing associations has changed, and more in particular the conditions and formalities in order to benefit from a VAT exemption. During a brief session, the main principles will be further examined.