Espuna adventureCycling & Mountain Bikes
Mountain walking and biking on the Sierra Espuna. Hotel accommodation, guided walks, mountain bike hire, food and pool services offered. Casa del estanco 67 Gebas, 30840 Alhama de Murcia.
Mountain biking/cycling and organised downhill mountain bike days and Mountain bike/cycling holidays arranged.
The sierra espuña and the surrounding mountain roads are perfect for road cycling (many professionals use the local roads for training purposes i.e. Tour de france, la vuelta etc) and obviously mountain biking within the nature park is phenomenal, not all routes for road cyclists are mountainous so its not too difficult to find a route for an easier ride as there are many canal routes cut through the mountains as well, making it perfect for families and older groups.
A gentle mountain bike day with virtually no pedalling, includes the bike, safety equipment, the guide, the transfer to the top of the espuna, support vehicle, and a 4 course lunch is available. (12 years and upwards)
They do not not suggest to ride from late May to early October because of the extreme heat during that time.
Airport pick up and drop off from Alicante and Murcia airports, (if required) although they always suggest car hire because of their location.
Accomodation available with ensuite rooms, choice of double or twin beds, all meals are included (breakfast, packed lunch, bottled water and evening meal, beer and wine. With evening meals.
- Continental style buffet breakfast including juice, cereals, toast, yogurt, pate, fruit, jams, marmalade, honey, choice of teas or choice of coffees, and various toasted breads
- Packed lunch
- The evening meal is a 4 course,with a choice of menu. Local beer, a soft drink and wine (on the table at start of your meal) is included with your meal. We have a great selection of beers, wines and spirits that are available from the bar, there is also a 24 hour honesty bar on the terrace.
Bikes are included in the price if booking accomodation or can be hired separately
- Tandem, 2 seater bike, 18 speed perfect for these roads including pannier bags
- A standard lightweight but strong non suspension mountain/road bike with hydraulic brakes
- Front suspension hard tail i.e. Trek, giant etc
- Full suspension (decathlon)
All hire includes a puncture repair kit, pump, spare tube, tools and helmet. Child seats are available to hire per day and ask about child carriages as well.
They can supply a guide if needed (at extra cost) however they do not supply guides for hardened mountain bikers, and concentrate on groups that want to cycle and experience the beauty of the stunning surroundings that the area has to offer.