First time buyer needs help!

3 Replies



Hi all Home owner in France but new to the Spanish market. Can anyone recommend a good, honest estate agent/mortgage person for a property near or on the coast. Sorry to be dull, but could anyone offer up a rough cost of taxes for living. ie rates etc. I have looked through the forum but can't find much. Simple answers are fine by me. Many thanks in advance   Jimmy


PaulWatson 1447673220

hi JImmy , this is a very general answer but I hope it helps. In Spain as in France probably there are a multitude of estate agents and therefore it is best that when you have decided on the area that you are going to live then ask the locals on estate agents word of mouth is the best form of recommendation .More importantly is to get your self a good English speaking lawyer (abogado ) if you let me know where you are deciding to go then if ti is in the area that I live I can pass on details of my lawyer who is excellent. I live in the San Javier/ torrevieja area. regards paul.

PaulWatson 1447673482

with regard to taxes this depends on your status if you are resident or non resident . Personally I payy around 330 euros per year for myslf and 330 for my wife. our taxes to the local authorities for rubbish ( similar to council tax ) is app 200 per if you work on a 1000 eurs if you have a partner or less if you are single then you wont be far off the mark . hope this helps  Paul.

Limeys 1447949924

Hi I recently bought a villa with murcers they do everything even the legal side so I would have a look on the website they are based on camposol and you'll also find them on rightmove overseas Costa calida they are very helpful and will explain everything inc tax etc they sell property's all over Costa calida not just on camposol  . 

Join the discussion