How to Register the Family in Spain

2 Replies



How and where do I go about registering myself and the family now that we've arrived in Spain? We already have NIE's from buying our house but someone took us to do that.

Featured Classified


dicdandoo-463925 1254308452

You will need go and register yourself and your family on the padron, at your town hall, it was a long time ago since we did ours but I think you needed passports, and a bill or something with proof of address on it. If you have children of school age you will need this to get them into school. Obviously at some stage you can apply for residencia, at the Police station in Cartagena.

PatB-466675 1254393171

Thanks, I'll go register at the town hall.

Is it compulsory to apply for residencia? a couple of people have given us different stories and we're not sure who to believe.

Join the discussion