1 Replies

I receive reciprocal healthcare as I am over 60, and have been told that I will probably need a hip operation. I live in a small village with a health centre, with two G.P's who are rushed off their feet and not enough time it seems to spend with "proper" diagnostics - in fact I have yet to receive an examination. Does anyone know if it is possible to move to a different surgery ? or any other way around this as they don't seem to want to know about my problem, which is absolute agony and stopping any quality of life that I have. Please note..I am fully "legal" here in Spain. Thanks for any help.


beckmiddleton-853127 1281440816

Hi Polly

Have you tried insisting that the doctor examine you? I don't know if you speak Spanish, but if not perhaps it would be worth taking a translator who could be quite firm with them as it seems odd that they aren't doing anything to help you. If you just aren't getting anywhere then I'm pretty sure you could change doctors, although I've never done it myself. I'll see what I can find out for you as I imagine it would involve a bit of paperwork!

Let us know how you get on, and I hope you get a solution soon so you can get the most of out life here.


Join the discussion