Hello holidaying in the the Almunecar area, and require a (preferably English speaking) dentist. It's just for basic work- filling a hole etc- not specialist work. The A.I. directory seems to have nothing in the area nearer than Nerja? Thank you for any recommendations............
We live in France and are considering relocating to Spain but wondered how medical issues compare with those here. Some examples; We both have to have annual blood tests which are done in the mornings and results are emailed to us the same day Had a scan on my knee. After was asked to wait in the waiting room. 5 minutes later my name was called and I was handed a folder with all the XRay pictures in and a CD Rom After a mammogram I was taken to a private waiting room. 5 minutes later a doctor came and said my results were normal and no problems. Less then a week later the actual XRays were posted to me. Any XRays at all that we have had, we have walked out of Out Patients with the results. It is 4 years since we moved from the UK and we certainly did not receive this sort of care. We were just wondering how Spain compares with this? We have what is called a Carte Vitale which we produce when we have anything to do with the medical side. This allows us to receive 70% of the costs from the government, and we pay the remaining 30% (although our private top up usually caters for this). Is there a similar system in Spain? We would be very interested to hear any comments. Thanks
I recently contacted my doctor to arrange a check-up appointment and they said I must take a translator, it is a new rule. Has anyone else heard about this?Is it a rule throughout Spain or maybe just my surgery? I don't really want to waste money on a translator for a basic check-up!
I am doing research for a company to determine if there is a demand for a diet and weight loss program in Spain.There is a great company thinking of starting in Spain. The name is" Easy Diet:". It is much like Diet Chef in the UK or Jenny Creig in the US. When you enroll you receive your food for a week, you have one appointment each week either by skype or in person to record your progress. The cost is 100.00 euros to join per year. The cost of the food is about 100.00 euros a week. In the appointment each week you receive a progress report and help with your weight loss. The food is very good. It is frozen and dried. Most of it is cooked in the microwave. This is a diet that is easy to follow because you don't count anything. You just eat according to the menu you receive when you join. I would love your comments and suggestions. If you would like to join please send me your name and email and I will send you information when they are starting. This is a great program that really works. I hope the demand is here so they will come into Spain.
I recently found this website which does a range of perfumes at really good prices. They were doing a free sample offer(unfortunately it seems to be over now) I ordered "Iris" for my Mrs, and it is really lovely - we will be ordering from them for gifts etc in the future. http://www.yodeyma.com/es/8-visita-nuestra-tienda