Returning household goods to the uk

1 Replies

Hi.  We have been hoping to return the rest of our furniture and personal belongings to the UK this year but COVID-19 and a brain tumour have left us self isolating.  Can anyone please give me some advice on how we find out what paperwork, tariffs and charges we will need to have.  Tried HM Gov UK but a bit of a blank.  Many thanks.

Featured Classified


Barry-Roper-903426 1608637470

If you are changing your residence you just need to fill in a customs' form C3. There's no import duty or VAT on used furniture and personnel effects but if you are trying to import alcohol or tobacco you'll have to pay. You can find a blank form with explanation here:

Join the discussion