import of classic motorcycle

1 Replies

i have a 1976 motorcycle in the UK (currently registered to my father, but he will transfer ownership to me) its not taxed and has no MOT currently Once he transfers ownership to me, how might i start in importing this to France to my holiday home there?with a view to restore it back to showroom condition then eventually register it in france?I aim to take it into France in the back of my van as the shipping method

Featured Classified


chèvrefeuille 1515099226

Bring it to France then get a Quitus Fiscal from your local tax office to import it into France and show that no tax is due. Go online and search for FFVE.You will be able to get certification from them to register the bike as a Vehicule de Collection as it is over 30 years old. Motorcycles in France do not need an MOT/CT.

Also have a look at an English language site for bikers living in or visiting France.

Join the discussion