Dr. Raphaela Carrière Psychologist BA, MSc, PhD, CCTP, NIP
Psychologist with international background, works worldwide. Helps individuals seeking to navigate their unique personal challenges with emphasis on self-compassion and self-healing. Development focused Couples Counseling. Online/In person consultations.
I am registered with the Dutch Association of Psychologists and am fluent in both English and Dutch. (PSYCHOLOOG NIP)
I have experience working with a range of issues for Individuals stemming from transitions, relocation, relationship difficulties, bullying in the workplace, grief, stress and trauma. Often these can lead to anxiety or depression.
I also do Development focussed Couples work; support in crisis, support with making big decisions, or just looking to grow and connect more deeply as a couple. (Online sessions)
Apart from working with individuals and couples, I have also specialised in the field of Giftedness and Twice-Exceptionality. I help adults and adolescents reconnect with their true selves and navigate the unique challenges associated with being gifted, such as perfectionism, underachievement, imposter syndrome, multi-potentiality, heightened intensity, extreme sensitivity and issues in channeling creativity.
I also support Parents in the challenging and often lonely task of raising gifted children and advocating for their children’s special needs in school.
- I received my Bachelor's degree – a double major in Psychology and International Relations – from Webster University, Leiden, The Netherlands (1993).
- Continuing my education in the Netherlands, I earned my Masters of Science in Psychology (cum laude) from the University of Leiden (1996)
- I received my PhD from the Department of Clinical and Developmental Psychology at the University of Groningen (2009).
- I have also completed the four-year Certification Course Professional Intuition Practitioner from the Center for Effective Intuition, Haarlem, The Netherlands (2017).
- I am a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP -registered with the International Trauma Training Institute) as well as a GIST-T Certified Trainer of Trainers in Stress and Trauma relief.
- I further hold a certificate in the Polyvagal Theory-Guided Approach to Therapy, as well as in Mindfulness Based Interventions for Children and Teens.
- I have also completed training in Psychosexual Couple Counselling.
In light of my continued education, I regularly attend both live and online workshops, trainings, conferences and certification courses on a wide range of topics.
Current continued professional development enrolments include:
- The Developmental Model Couples Counseling
- Internal Family Systems (IFS), a powerfully transformative, evidenced-based model of psychotherapy based on the assumption that all the different parts of our personality have valuable qualities and that our core self knows how to heal.
I offer a 20 minute free consultation via telephone during which we can chat to ensure that our expectations are aligned. If you want to book an appointment or schedule a 20 minute chat, simply send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you as soon as possible.