Dr. Raphaela Carrière Psychologist BA, MSc, PhD, CCTP, NIP
My primary therapeutic modality is Internal Family Systems (IFS), a powerfully transformative, evidenced-based model of psychotherapy based on the assumption that all the different parts of our personality have valuable qualities and that our core self knows how to heal. It is my role as your therapist to support you with compassion and curiosity to get to know your parts and to heal the vulnerabilities held within.
- I received my Bachelor's degree – a double major in Psychology and International Relations – from Webster University, Leiden, The Netherlands (1993).
- Continuing my education in the Netherlands, I earned my Masters of Science in Psychology (cum laude) from the University of Leiden (1996)
- I received my PhD from the Department of Clinical and Developmental Psychology at the University of Groningen (2009).
- I have also completed the four-year Certification Course Professional Intuition Practitioner from the Center for Effective Intuition, Haarlem, The Netherlands (2017).
- I am a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP -registered with the International Trauma Training Institute) as well as a GIST-T Certified Trainer of Trainers in Stress and Trauma relief.
- I further hold a certificate in the Polyvagal Theory-Guided Approach to Therapy (Deb Dana), as well as in Mindfulness Based Interventions for Children and Teens.
- I have completed training in Psychosexual Couple Counselling.
- I am a graduate of the Developmental Model of Couples Therapy Training under Ellyn Bader Ph.D. at the Couples Institute
- I have completed level 1 and level 2 Internal Family Systems (IFS) trainings as well as various IFS workshops including trauma and neuroscience and Daily Parts Meditation Practice.
- Additionally, I hold a certificate from the IFS Institute for working with couples/relationships (Training: Intimacy From the Inside Out, IFIO).
- Advanced level training Couples Counseling and mentoring at under Ellen Bader Ph.D. and Peter Pearson, Ph.D. at The Couples Institute
- Internal Family Systems (IFS), advanced level trainings and workshops including Addictions & Eating Disorders; Trauma & Neuroscience; and Depression, Anxiety & Shame.