Kristin DuncombePsychologists & Psychotherapists
Marriage, family, and
Experienced psychotherapist uses Solution Focused, Cognitive-Behavioral, and Insight-Oriented Counseling to address depression, anxiety, obsessions, eating disorders, substance abuse, and relational struggles. Feeling stuck? Lets work it out together!
for individuals, families, and couples
The therapeutic relationship is a collaboration between client and practitioner to address the problems that the client wishes to explore.
I am an experienced psychotherapist with a background in behavioral health. I am a graduate of the Tulane Schools of Clinical Social Work and Public Health in New Orleans, Louisiana, and the Couples Institute in Menlo Park, California. In my practice, I use my training in Solution Focused Counseling, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and Insight-Oriented Counseling to respond to client’s diverse needs. Although every client-therapist relationship is unique, I have outlined here a seven-step process to give you an idea of how our work together may evolve:
1) Expressing and exploring your feelings around the issue(s) that have led you to therapy
2) Understanding those issues in the context of the larger portrait of your life—past, present and future
3) Navigating your present situation by exploring your questions and options
4) Identifying problematic patterns and their origins
5) Finding alternative strategies and approaches
6) Setting realistic goals and clarifying a direction for the future
7) Examining progress
I am available to conduct sessions in my lovely home office on Rue de Lyon in Geneva (1203) -a quick walk or bus from Gare Cornavin - or via SKYPE/telephone.
I believe that therapy should be affordable for all, so work on a sliding scale with anyone who does not have the means or the insurance to cover the full fee of a session.
Areas of expertise include: depression, anxiety, obsessions, eating disorders, substance abuse, and relational struggles.
For more information, please see my website: www.kristinduncombe.com
Feeling stuck? Get in touch. We can work it out together!