Yew Chung International School
Founded in 1932, Yew Chung has been providing quality bilingual education to the learners of Hong Kong for over 80 years. Originally specialising in Early Childhood Education, Yew Chung International School (YCIS) now provides education from early childhood through primary and secondary culminating in the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) and International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme.
Today YCIS has expanded beyond Hong Kong, and is now established in Shanghai, Beijing, Chongqing, Qingdao in China and Silicon Valley in the United States, with a total student enrolment exceeding 6,000.
Highlight of YCIS Global Education
- A Bilingual focus within a multicultural environment will give your child the global mindset and intercultural competence they need for the 21st Century.
- Unique Co-Teaching and Co-Principals models help students to learn two cultures and give equal emphasis to both English and Chinese. This leads to fluency in two major world languages and readiness to interact with people from all over the world.
- YCIS integrates Character Formation program into our curriculum, focusing on developing positive qualities and good moral character.
- Strong music program enhances children’s reasoning skills, develops memory span, concentration, coordination and self-discipline.
- YCIS maintains 100% university placement with students admitted to top universities in Hong Kong and overseas.