Furniture, Hardware, Appliance and Office Supplies Shopping
Find out about the Argentinian chain stores that supply the basic furniture, home furnishings, white goods, electrical appliances and DIY for your home...
The following list contains a small selection of chain stores in Argentina selling basic grocery items, self-service furniture, appliances, office equipment, health and beauty products and DIY hardware goods. There is no guarantee that sales staff speak English, but once shoppers have found what they need, little more than basic Spanish should be necessary for the transaction.
The Yellow Pages (Paginas Amarillas) or the stores' own websites will provide information on the nearest branch.
- Carrefour: Hypermarket selling fresh food, fruit, vegetables, frozen goods, drinks, white goods, electrical appliances and tools including garden equipment. Also self-assembly furniture and clothing.
- Coto: Large chain of supermarkets, hypermarkets and commercial centers selling groceries, bakery products, meat and dairy products, cleaning supplies and their own brand of products. Store card available that gives discounts on a number of items
- Dia: Franchise budget supermarket in Argentina with low cost basic food items, frozen foods, cosmetics and cleaning supplies. Stores in Buenos Aires, Capital Federal, Córdoba, Corrientes Entre Rios and Santa Fe
- Diarco: Supermarket chain known as Autoservicio Mayorista Diarco with over 30 stores across Argentina stocking grocery products, cleaning supplies, appliances and furniture, as well as a selection of own-brand products
- Jumbo: Supermarket stocking domestic, regional and international produce, including groceries, clothing, electrical appliances, garden equipment and furniture and toys. Stores in Buenos Aires, Mendoza, Neuquen, Rosario and Tucuman
- La Anónima: Large supermarket chain with branches throughout the country offering leading brands and own-brand products. Wide selection of groceries, fruit, vegetables, textiles, meat, baby products, stationery and school supplies, dairy products and cleaning supplies. Store card available
- Libertad: Discount supermarket chain with stores across the north of the country. It sells groceries, beverages, bread, fresh fruit and juices, cleaning supplies and dairy products. Loyalty card available
- Super Vea: Supermarket with a selection of brands and own brand fresh and tinned groceries, cleaning supplies, toiletries and cosmetics, with stores across the country
Furniture, Appliance and Department Stores
- Easy: Large chain of stores selling white goods, furniture for the home and garden, building supplies, kitchen and bathroom products, soft furnishings and home accessories
- Falabella: Furniture, textiles, home furnishings, electrical goods and appliances (computers, telephones, fridges, stoves, washing machines and dryers) and audio visual goods (TVs, DVD players and sound systems). Stores located in Buenos Aires, Rosario, Córdoba, Mendoza and San Juan
- Ribeiro: Department store selling electronic goods, homeware, lighting, furniture, gym equipment, white goods, air conditioning units, cameras, televisions
- Walmart: One of the largest chain stores in the Americas with electronics, toys, garden and lawn items, sports goods, baby products, homeware, jewelry, hardware, home furnishings, pet supplies, perfume and cosmetics. Offers discounted prices on a variety of different goods and services
DIY, Building and Hardware Material
- Contigiani: hardware store with a number of branches in Buenos Aires selling tiles, flooring, tools, wall paper, paint, bathroom fittings and garden products
- Sodimac: Self-service hardware and DIY articles for the home and garden - bathroom and kitchen fittings, lighting, shelves, garden tools and furniture (beds, tables, sofas, dining room suites)
Office Supplies and Stationery
- Staples: The largest supplier of office products in the world, with two stores in Buenos Aires and an online shop; office furniture, stationery, box-files, desk-top and portable computers, and printers