- Country File
- Moving Pets
- Relocation Checklist
- Useful Contacts
Information on who to contact and how to proceed in the event of an unwanted pregnancy. Also information on family planning clinics and emergency contraception in Azerbaijan...
Termination of pregnancy is legal in Azerbaijan up to 12 weeks from the date of conception with the woman's consent. It is available on request and for the following reasons:
- To save the life of the pregnant woman
- To preserve the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman
- If the pregnancy is the result of rape or an act of incest
- If the foetus is severely physically or mentally impaired
- Economic or social reasons
Under certain circumstances, an abortion is permitted up to 28 weeks from the date of conception.
In all cases, the abortion must be carried out in a hospital by a doctor, and a fee is charged unless the woman's life is in danger.
The following centres provide family planning consultations and information:
- Family Planning Centre
At: 12/14, Pushkin Street, Baku
Tel: (012) 498 64 87
- Republican Perinatal Centre
At: 12, Y. Safarov Street, Khatai District, Baku
Tel: (012) 496 5146