- Country File
- Moving Pets
- Relocation Checklist
- Useful Contacts
Find out about the products and services available from banks in Azerbaijan...
The following services are available from bank accounts in Azerbaijan.
Paying utility bills
Utility bills can be paid at banks. It is possible to pay for electricity bills with a bank card at an ATM.
There are different types of loan available; to qualify certain conditions apply.
The following loan options are provided by banks:
- Auto credit - to buy a vehicle
- Lombard loan - precious metals and jewellery are used as collateral
Mortgage loan - to buy property
- For further information about loans: Click here
Money can be transferred within Azerbaijan and internationally. Within one banking day, non-residents can transfer the equivalent of US$1,000. For transactions that exceed US$1,000 there is a fee.
- For further information about money transfers: Click here
An account statement can be delivered free of charge, at the branch office of the bank concerned, or can be viewed at an ATM machine. Account statements can also be sent via email in English. It is advisable to make this request when opening an account.
To block a lost or stolen card contact the bank concerned. It is also important to contact the AzeriCard call centre:
Tel: (012) 598 46 97 / (012) 598 43 76
- From a mobile phone:
- Azercell and Nar, Tel: 194
- Bakcell, Tel: 012 194
- From abroad, Tel: +99412 194
- Basic banking terms provided by the International Bank of Azerbaijan: Click here