Consular Services for Foreign Residents of Azerbaijan
Information on the services and assistance available, including the replacement of lost or stolen passports, for expats from the UK, USA, Canada and Australia from their embassies and consulates in Azerbaijan...
The British Embassy in Azerbaijan is located in Baku. Its consular services section provides assistance and support to British nationals living in the country.
- British Embassy in Azerbaijan
At: 45 Khagani Street, AZ1010 Baku
Tel: (012) 437 78 64
Open: Monday to Friday 09:30-12:30
The following services are provided by the embassy in Baku:
- Travel advice for the country, including information on natural disasters, staying healthy and general safety
- Notarial services
- Advice on voting in UK elections
- What to do in the event of an emergency; dealing with crime, illness, injury, child abduction and being arrested
- A list of lawyers in the country
- A list of hospitals, medical centres and pharmacies
- Advice on dealing with the death of a British citizen in the country
Applications for a UK passport must be made in person at the British Embassy in Baku if living in Azerbaijan. It must be collected in person.
- To apply for a UK passport while overseas: Click here
The United States maintains an Embassy in Baku.
- US Embassy in Baku
At: 83 Azadlig Prospekt, AZ1007 Baku
Tel: (012) 498 03 35/6/7
Open: Monday to Friday 09:00-17:30
The Embassy provides the following services for US citizens in Azerbaijan:
- Information on the visa requirements for the country
- Information on health and safety
- Advice on driving in Azerbaijan
- A guide to the country's customs regulations
- Dealing with applications for new passports and renewals
- Notarial services
- A guide to lawyers in the country
- A list of English-speaking medical professionals (PDF)
- Advice on adoption and divorce
- Help with absentee voting
- The Embassy provides detailed information on how to deal with and register a birth in Azerbaijan, as well as details about registering a marriage in the country
Canadian, Australian and Irish Citizens
The interests of Canadian, Australian and Irish citizens in Azerbaijan are overseen by their country's embassy in Ankara, Turkey.
- For the Canadian Embassy in Ankara: Click here
- For the Australian Embassy in Ankara: Click here
- For the Irish Embassy in Ankara: Click here
Consular Help for EU Nationals
Under EU law, an EU citizen is entitled to consular help from any EU consular representation abroad if their own country is not represented locally. This applies to citizens who are either residing or travelling abroad. Any EU embassy or consulate must provide help to an EU citizen under the same conditions as it would its nationals.
- Information on the type of help available can be found on the European Commission’s website: Click here