Registration at the Place of Residence
Registration with the State Migration Service is required when moving to Azerbaijan. Find out how to go about it and what documents are required…
Foreigners planning to stay in Azerbaijan for more than 30 days should contact Azerbaijan's State Migration Service before arriving in Baku, as they may need to bring certain documents from their home country.
Within three days of arriving in Baku (excluding weekends and public holidays), foreigners must apply for Registration at the Place of Residence in order to obtain official residence and work permits. The process can take up to a month and there is a fine for a late application.
The application is made at the State Migration Service:
- State Migration Service
At: Block 3123, 202 Binagadi Highway, Binagadi, AZ1114, Baku
Tel: (012) 562 56 23 / 562 57 73 / 562 57 74
Fax: (012) 562 37 02
Open: Monday to Friday from 09:00-13:00 and 14:00-18:00
The following documents are required:
- Valid passport
- Entry visa
- Application request to State Migration Service - in writing
- Rental agreement and written application from the landlord which must be notarised
- Two colour photographs (25mm x 35mm)
- Copy of a document confirming exemption of state duty payment (if applicable)
- For further information from the Ministry of Internal Affairs: Click here
It is possible to apply for registration of residence through ASAN. Once the online application is sent, the person receives a list of required documents by email and details of the cost for the service. An appointment is then scheduled at the ASAN office.
- ASAN Service (ASAN Khidmet)
At: 36 Academician Hasan Aliyev Street, Baku
Tel: (012) 108
Fax: (012) 444 74 75
- To apply online: Click here
When moving house within Azerbaijan, foreigners must re-apply for Registration at the Place of Residence within the first ten days of relocation.
- For further information about temporary stay from the State Migration Service: Click here