- Country File
- Moving Pets
- Relocation Checklist
- Useful Contacts
Information on international and domestic travel by plane, plus useful information on airport hand luggage rules...
Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport is the main airport in Azerbaijan; it is located 20 Km northeast of the city. It is the base for the country’s airline, Azerbaijan Airlines. There are flights from the airport to cities throughout Europe and the Middle and Far East.
The airport is connected to the city by two new motorways. A direct minibus service operates every half hour between the airport and Baku; the journey takes between 30 and 40 minutes. Buses leave from the parking area outside the main airport building. Taxi and limousine transfer services are also available.
There are also a number of smaller airports in Azerbaijan offering internal flights as well as some services to Russia and Turkey.
- Ganja International Airport serves Ganja, the second largest city in Azerbaijan. There are flights to Baku, Russia and Istanbul
- Gabala Airport opened in 2011. It is located near the town of the same name in the north-west of the country. Flights connect Gabala with Baku and Moscow
- Lankaran International Airport, in the southeast of the country, offers flights to Russia
- Nakhchivan Airport serves the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic of Azerbaijan; it is located 4 Km from Nakhchivan city centre. It offers flights to other airports in Azerbaijan as well as Russian cities and Istanbul
- Yevlakh Airport, a centrally-located airport opened in 2013, offers both cargo and passenger flights
- Zaqatala Airport is in the city of the same name. It connects the city with others in Azerbaijan