- Country File
- Moving Pets
- Relocation Checklist
- Useful Contacts
Find out about getting an Azerbaijan driving licence and learning to drive a car or motorbike in Azerbaijan...
Foreigners who wish to apply for a driving licence for the first time must submit the following documents to the Registration-Examination section of the State Traffic Police Department:
- Passport translated into Azerbaijani and notarised
- Azerbaijani Registration card
- Medical certificate issued in Azerbaijan
- Receipt for driving licence fee (payable at post offices and banks)
- State Traffic Police Department
Tel: (012) 342 32 82
Fax: (012) 498 02 17
The applicant can then take theory and practical tests. Anyone who does not pass the theory test cannot continue with the practical test. The theory test is based on traffic rules. The practical examination tests the applicant's driving skills.
When an applicant successfully completes their tests, the driving licence is issued in one day. The process is done electronically.
The driving licence includes the following information:
- Driver's name, their date and place of birth
- Blood group
- Body who issued the driving licence
- Driving licence category
- Date of issue and expiry date
A driving licence obtained in Azerbaijan is valid for ten years for Azerbaijani citizens and for one year for foreigners.
- For more information about applying for and getting a driving licence in Azerbaijan: Click here
- For more information about driving licence validity: Click here
Getting a driving licence re-issued
A driving licence issued in Azerbaijan can be re-issued in the following situations, at the State Traffic Police Department:
- If the licence is lost
- If the licence expires
- If there were mistakes made when the licence was issued
- If the licence can no longer be read