Self Employed Workers - Professional Card

Understand the work permits necessary for the self-employed worker or freelancer in Belgium...

EU citizens have the right to work on a self-employed basis in Belgium. Non-EU citizens will have to apply for a professionals' card (Carte Professionelle Pour Etrangers/Beroepskaart voor Vreemdelingen) at the Belgian consulate in the country where they live or from the Ministry for Federal Public Service Economy, SMEs, Self-employed and Energy (SPF Economie, PME, Classes moyennes et Energie/FOD Economie, KMO, Middenstand en Energie) at the following address:

  • At: City Atrium C, Vooruitgangstraat 50 / Rue du Progrès, 50, 1210 Brussels
    Tel: 02 277 51 11
    Fax: 02 277 50 21

The professional card can be valid for five years.

Further Information