- Country File
- Moving Pets
- Relocation Checklist
- Leaving China
- Useful Contacts
- Schooling & Education
- Babies & Children
- Students & Teenagers
- Marriage & Partnerships
- Pets & Animals
- Useful Contacts
Information about some of the main ski resorts in China...
There are a number of ski resorts in China. The sport is relatively new to the country and most of the resorts are small and located close to big towns and cities. Many of the country's resorts rely heavily on artificial snow, but consistently low winter temperatures make for good skiing. The sport is growing in popularity so much that many of the resorts are crowded at the weekends. Most have good facilities including equipment hire and lessons.
Specialised ski resorts for experienced skiers are opening each year and there is a lot of investment being put into the sport. The ski season tends to run from November until late March.
Main ski resorts in China
- Beijing has a number of accessible ski resorts. For more information: Click here
- Nanshan ski resort: 60 Km from Beijing, it specialises in snowboarding. The resort has half-pipes, kickers and jumps for experienced boarders, as well as slopes for skiing, including a challenging mogul run
- Beidahu in Jilin Province: A new and expanding ski station which caters for intermediate and experienced skiers. The runs are spread over two mountains and the valley between them. All the lifts are new and queueing is rare
- Changbaishan in Jilin Province: As well as extremely good quality snow, it offers jumps, and alpine, downhill and cross-country skiing
- Wanlong: Currently China's largest skiing mountain, it is a four-hour drive from Beijing and has a particularly long ski season. There are buses to the resort from the city. The resort is good for beginners, with dedicated learning slopes and a mogul field
- Xiling: Easily accessible from Chengdu, it offers good skiing in a beautiful alpine environment
- Yabuli resort: Lies between Harbin and Mudanjiang in northern China and has the best skiing and snow sports facilities. There are two major ski areas, as well as a beginner's hill and an area for the dedicated use of the national ski team. There are ski runs for all abilities