Bogota Airport Contacts
How to get in touch with El Dorado - Bogatá International Airport, with up-to-the minute flight information and links to buses, taxis, lost property and airport information...
Aeropuerto Internacional El Dorado in Bogota, known simply as El Dorado, has been recently renovated to offer better services for passengers. There are two terminals, Terminal 1 El Dorado and Terminal 2 Puente Aéreo.
- Aeropuerto Internacional El Dorado
Terminal 1 Tel: (1) 2662000
Terminal 2 Tel: (1) 2662000 extension 3218
- Arrivals and Departures
- Information about airlines operating at El Dorado
- Luggage Storage Tel: 310 688 8799
Terminal 1 El Dorado
Airport authorities recommend arriving at El Dorado three hours before the scheduled departure of an international flight, and allowing extra time for traffic on the way to the airport.
Colombian residents must pay an Airport Tax. This is waived for residents of other countries, however it is necessary to queue in order to get the exemption certificate, which may take time.
Ticket and airline counters for national and international flights, check in, immigration and customs are situated on the first floor of the airport.
On the second floor are the information services, screens with arrival and departure information, waiting rooms, travel agencies, drug stores, restaurants and cafeterias, bookshops, magazine stands and crafts and souvenirs shops. There is also a business centre where passengers can find fax and internet services and make national and international phone calls. This floor has also Duty Free stores, ATMs and public pay phones.
In the arrivals area for both national and international flights, there are Tourist Information Points, as well as taxi offices where passengers can request a car for their destination and receive a ticket with the official amount to pay. This is to help with security and to avoid over-charging.
Terminal 2 Puente Aéreo
Terminal 2 Puente Aéreo operates some domestic flights for the Avianca airline.
Note: Since 8 June 2014, flights to the following cities now operate from Terminal 1: Barranquilla, Bucaramanga, Cali, Cartagena, Medellín, Pasto, Pereira, San Andrés.
- Information about domestic flights operating from Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 is available on the Avianca website
The services available in this terminal include:
- Telephone booths with local, national and international dialling
- Pre-paid phone card dispensers
- Taxi booths to request services and fare tickets
- Parking lot
- VIP lounges
- Luggage carriers
- ATMs accepting international debit and credit cards
- Fast food restaurants
- Gift shops and bookstores
Parking at both El Dorado and Puente Aéreo is handled by the companies Central Parking System Colombia and AJUCAX. Hourly rates are charged, with discounts after 12 hours. There is also the option of leaving a car for longer periods at a special rate.
- Shuttle bus: A shuttle bus between terminals is available from 05:00-23:00
- TransMilenio and SITP: Buses are available to and from the airport and towards the TransMilenio station El Dorado
- Taxi: For safety reasons, it is recommended to use only taxis from the authorised taxi offices and booths, which are open 24 hours daily. Payment can be made in COP or USD