Studying in Colombia

Information on studying in Colombia and the visa requirements...<span style="color: #000000; font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.6em; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;"> </span>

Teenagers wishing to study for a degree or study at a college or university in Colombia should apply for a temporary visa (TP1). The application should be made by the student themselves at a Colombian embassy or consulate. As well as standard documents (passport, application form, photographs and a copy of the passport page showing previous Colombian visas if applicable) the application also requires the following:

  • Power of attorney if the application is made by a third party
  • Acceptance letter from the college or university

Information about the TP1 is available on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores).

Applications for a TP1 visa can also be made in person at the following address:

  • North Office
    At: Avenida 19 Nº 98–03, Torre 100 Building, 3rd Floor, Bogotá