Consular Services for Foreign Residents of Colombia
Information on the services and assistance available for expats from the UK, USA, Canada and Australia from their embassies and consulates in Colombia...
The British Embassy in Colombia is located in Bogotá. Its consular service section provides assistance and support to British nationals living in Colombia.
- British Embassy in Bogotá
At: Carrera 9, No 76-49, Piso 8, Edificio ING Barings, Bogotá
Tel: (1) 3268300
- Consular services, Tel: (1) 3268300
The following services are provided by the Embassy in Colombia:
- Travel advice for the country, including information on natural disasters, staying healthy, local laws and general safety
- Advice and assistance for people in difficulty, whether it is a lost passport, money problems or for those who are victims of a crime
- Information on living in Colombia
GOV.UK's UK and Colombia pages provide up-to-date news on UK-Colombia relations and matters of interest to UK citizens residing in Colombia.
British passports are not issued by the British Embassy in Colombia. All applications must be sent to HM Passport Office in the UK.
- Find out how to apply for a UK passport while overseas
- Passport advice line, Tel: +44 (0)300 222 0000
The UK Embassy also maintains a number of Consulates in Colombia in Bogotá, Medellín, Cartagena and Cali.
The United States maintains an Embassy in Bogotá.
The Embassy provides the following services for US citizens in Colombia:
- Details of local attorneys and doctors
- Information on travelling safely within Colombia
- Information on voting and working in the country
- Passport applications
- Notarial services
The Federal Benefits Unit at the Embassy provides assistance to individuals who receive benefits from the United States Social Security Administration, the Civil Service or the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Find out more about the Federal Benefits Unit
In addition to the embassy in Bogotá, consular services are also provided to US citizens at the US Consular Agency in Barranquilla.
Canadian citizens have access to consular services in Colombia at their country’s Embassy in Bogotá.
Services provided by the Embassy for Canadian citizens include:
- Advice and help in an emergency, for example in the case of ill health, a missing person or a natural disaster
- Visa and passport services
- Advice on voting while living abroad
- Advice on doing business with Colombia
- Legal and notarial services
Canada also makes consular services available to its citizens at its Honorary Consulate in Cartagena.
- At: Bocagrande Edificio Centro Ejecutivo, Oficina 1103, Carrera 3, No. 8-129, Cartagena, Bolivar
Tel: (5) 6655838
Fax: (5) 6655837
Australian citizens in Colombia can get access to consular services at the Australian Consulate-General in Bogotá, which is managed by Austrade.
- Australian Consulate-General
Tel: (1) 6578714
24-hour emergency consular assistance, Tel: + 61 2 6261 3305
Consular services provided by the Consulate are limited and Australian citizens are advised to contact the Australian Embassy in Santiago de Chile in the event of an emergency.