Local Administration Offices in Frankfurt

Contact information for local administrative offices in Frankfurt, where new arrivals must register...

For general questions about the city and where to go for documentation or registration, visitors and residents can go to the Bürgerberatung (Citizens’ Advice Centre). This office provides information on the various governmental offices and their services, as well as comprehensive information about the city.

Moving to Frankfurt

People moving to Frankfurt must register at the Bürgeramt (Citizen's Registration Office) within seven days. The Bürgeramt Zentrale is the central office. Contact details for the other offices in Frankfurt can be found at the Bürgeramt website.

Foreigners from non-EU countries can find information on residency issues at the Ausländerbehörde (Foreigner's Department). Note: residence permits for non-EU nationals must be applied for at the Bürgeramt (Citizen's Registration Office).

For help with cultural or social integration, residents can contact the Amt für multikulturelle Angelegenheiten (Office for Multicultural Affairs - AmkA).

For political issues and representation, residents can contact the Kommunale Ausländer- und Ausländerinnenvertretung der Stadt Frankfurt am Main (KAV)