Hospitals, Health Centres and Pharmacies
Contact details for the main hospitals and healthcare centres in Gibraltar, as well as information about finding an on-duty chemist…
There are three main centres for healthcare in Gibraltar.
- Primary Care Centre: Healthcare services delivered by GPs – home visits are also available. Vaccination programmes and dental visits are also catered for at this centre
At: 2nd Floor, ICC Building, 2A Main Street, Gibraltar
Tel: 200 72355
- St. Bernard’s Hospital: The hospital provides out-patient and in-patient services and has a maternity unit and a paediatric ward, and can deal with emergencies and surgical cases
At: Zone 2, Level 3, Harbour Views Road, Gibraltar
Tel: 200 79700 / 200 72266
- King George V Mental Hospital: Psychiatric treatments are provided as well as out-patient services
At: South Barracks Road, Gibraltar
Tel: 200 788 07
- Find maps of the locations of the various health care centres in Gibraltar
Registering with a doctor
Once a person is registered with the GHA, they are allocated a General Practitioner from one of the GPs practising at the Primary Care Centre. Patients can also request to be allocated a specific GP.
Appointments to see a doctor can be made by calling the Primary Care Centre.
- Tel: 200 524 41
If the patient is too ill to go themselves to the Primary Care Centre a house visit can be organised. In the event of a medical emergency call 112, or 190.
- Find information about appointments and cancelling one
- Find further information about registering with a doctor and making appointments at the Primary Care Centre
A referral from a GP is required in order to see a specialist consultant.
- For further information Tel: 200 797 00 / 200 72266
Pharmacies on duty out of hours are open Monday to Friday from 19:00–21:00; weekends and public holidays from 11:00–13:00 and 18:00–20:00.
- Find a duty roster for out of hours pharmacies
- Call centre, Tel: 200 797 00
- Hospital pharmacy
Tel: 200 071 07