Recognition of the Marriage

What happens when foreigners who were married in Greece leave the country, as well as important information about same-sex marriages...

For use in other countries, it is recommended that the marriage certificate be endorsed with an Apostille, which can be obtained from the prefecture (nomarchy) of the city where the marriage took place.

Same-Sex Couples in Greece

There is no recognition of same-sex unions in Greece.

Related Information