Domestic Water Supplies in Hong Kong

Contact details for Hong Kong's Water Supplies Department, and information on how to open or close an account when moving in or out of your home in Hong Kong...

Water is supplied by the Water Supplies Department (WSD).

  • Water Supplies Department (WSD)
    At: 43/F Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
    Tel: 2824 5000 Press 3 for information in English
    Fax: 2802 7333

There are several Customer Enquiry Centres:

  • Wan Chai Customer Enquiry Centre
    At: 1st Floor, Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai
  • Mong Kok Customer Enquiry Centre
    At: Ground Floor, 128 Sai Yee Street, Mong Kok
  • Sha Tin Customer Enquiry Centre
    At: 3rd Floor, Sha Tin Government Offices, 1 Sheung Wo Che Road, Sha Tin
  • Tai Po Customer Enquiry Centre
    At: 4th Floor, Tai Po Government Offices, 1 Ting Kok Road, Tai Po Market
  • Tuen Mun Customer Enquiry Centre
    At: 7th Floor, Tuen Mun Government Offices, 1 Tuen Hi Road, Tuen Mun

How to Connect: To become a registered customer download form WWO 1 from the WSD website. The form also is available at any of the Customer Enquiry Centres. The application form may be posted together with a copy of the customer's Hong Kong ID to the address above. Applications normally take seven days to process. A deposit is required.

How to Pay: Bills are sent quarterly. There are several ways of paying: by Autopay, at an ATM, by phone or Internet, or by cheque.

Moving or Disconnecting: WSD should be informed 14 days prior to the date the account is to be closed. The final bill will be sent three days after the final meter reading, and any outstanding charges will be deducted from the deposit and the balance returned.

Tap Water

The tap water in Hong Kong is safe to drink and the quality of drinking water is checked regularly.

  • For further information about water quality from the WSD: Click here

Solar Water Heating

Alternative and renewable energies are becoming increasingly popular in Hong Kong. Solar water heating is already used in many buildings and is actively encouraged by the government.

  • Further information is available on the HK Government website: Click here