Setting Up Home

Find out<span style="background-color: #ffffff;"> how to get power, water and gas turned on: details on the es</span>sential domestic services and utilities you'll need for you home in Japan...

Utility services for Japanese houses or apartments (including water, electricity, gas and telephone) are supplied by a variety of companies in each region.

In general the landlord or the letting agency is responsible for ensuring that all utilities are connected before the tenant moves in. If this is not the case it is advisable to contact the nearest offices of the utility companies in order to get the supplies connected on the day you move in.