Electricity and Gas

Find out how to get connected to gas and electricity suppliers in Luxembourg...

Households may choose their electricity and gas provider from approved suppliers.

  • A list of suppliers throughout Luxembourg (in French)

Enovos is the main electricity provider in Luxembourg. Some municipalities (communes) may have specific private electricity providers. Large families with three or more children may be entitled to electricity, water and gas discounts.

  • Enovos
    Customer Service Tel: 8006 6000
    Customer Service from abroad Tel: +352 2737 6000

Creos is the division in charge of electricity and gas distribution, pipe maintenance and electricity supply. Creos is also in charge of meter reading on behalf of all providers.

  • Creos
    : 2 rue Thomas Edison, L-1445 Strassen
    Tel: 26 24-1
    Emergency number 24/7 Tel: 80 02 99 00 (free phone)

Other approved suppliers for residential homes are:

Natural gas is provided in most of the Grand Duchy by SOTEG, the company in charge of the pipe network and maintenance. Gas is distributed by four companies, each serving a specific area of the country. In Luxembourg City gas is provided by Leo Energy.

The three other distribution companies across the Grand Duchy areĀ Sudgaz and Ville de Dudelange.

Natural gas may not be available in all areas of the Grand Duchy through the pipe network. It is however possible to have a gas tank installed, providing certain criteria can be fulfilled. Additional information is available from the local Municipal Office in the relevant Commune.

Getting connected/disconnected

The new tenant/owner may make arrangements to take over an account and avoid disconnection. This can be done by telephone, at the customer service centre, at the office in Strassen or online. The process is fairly quick, but an appointment should be made at least one week before moving.

Documents required are: passport or identity card and a debit/credit card to set up a direct debit (domiciliation).

To cancel an account, the tenant/owner should contact the electricity and gas supplier at least a week before moving and organise a final meter reading before the account is closed. This can be done online or by downloading the moving house form.


Bills are sent every two months and are calculated on an estimated consumption based on the previous year. Payment is made by direct debit (domiciliation) or bank transfer (virement).

Meter reading takes place once a year and the balance of the account is adjusted accordingly. In case of unusual consumption, an interim meter reading can be made by the provider or requested by the occupier. In case of absence, a postcard will be left in the letterbox indicating the next meter reading date and approximate time.

Further Information