Consular Services for Foreign Residents of Malta
Information on the services and assistance available, including the replacement of lost or stolen passports, for expats from the US, UK, Australia, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand...
The British High Commission in Malta is located in Valletta. Its consular service section provides assistance and support to British nationals living in or visiting Malta.
- British High Commission
At: Whitehall Mansions, Ta’ Xbiex Seafront, Ta’ Xbiex, XBX 1026
Tel: 2323 0000
The following services are provided by the British Commission in Malta:
- Travel advice for the country, including information on natural disasters, staying healthy, local laws and general safety
- Advice and assistance for people in difficulty, whether it is a lost passport, money problems or for those who are victims of a crime
- A list of English-speaking lawyers and translators
- Help for people with mental illness
- Emergency travel documents
- Notarial services and legalising documents
British passports are not issued by the British High Commission in Malta. All applications must be sent to HM Passport Office in the UK.
- Find out how to apply for a UK passport while overseas
- Passport advice line, Tel: +44 (0)300 222 0000
The United States maintains an Embassy in Malta.
The Embassy provides the following services for US citizens in Malta:
- Details of local attorneys
- Medical information and a list of doctors
- Information on travelling safely within Malta
- Information on voter registration
The Federal Benefits Unit at the Embassy provides assistance to individuals who receive benefits from the United States Social Security Administration, the Civil Service or the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Find out more about the Federal Benefits Unit
Canadian citizens have access to limited consular services in Malta at their country’s Consular Office in Valletta.
- Canadian Consulate
At: Demajo House, 103 Archbishop Street (Triq L-Arcisqof), Valletta VLT 09
Tel: 2552 3233
For all non-emergency consular services, Canadian citizens must contact their embassy in Rome.
Australian citizens in Malta can get access to consular services at the Australian High Commission.
- Australian High Commission
At: Ta' Xbiex Terrace, Ta' Xbiex, XBX 10, Malta
Tel: 2133 8201
Fax: 2134 4059
Services offered by the High Commission for Australians include:
- Travel information
- Passport applications
- Information on applying for birth, marriage or death certificates
- A guide to moving back to Australia
New Zealand Citizens
New Zealand has a Consulate in Malta, providing limited consular services to New Zealanders. The consular office is only open part time with no fixed office hours. The office does not issue visas to residents of Malta seeking a visa for New Zealand; applications must be filed at the New Zealand Embassy in Rome.
- New Zealand Consulate
At: Villa Hampstead, 16 Oliver Agius Street, Attard, BZN 03
Tel: 2143 5025
Fax: 2143 7200
The Embassy of Ireland in Malta provides consular services to its citizens in Valletta.
- Embassy of Ireland
At: Whitehall Mansions, Ta’ Xbiex Seafront, Ta’ Xbiex XBX 1026
Tel: 2133 4744
Services available at the Embassy include:
- Issuance of Certificats de Coutume
- Birth Registration
- Authentication of documents
- Passport applications