Administration Offices in the Philippines

Contact information for the national and local administrative centers of the Philippines, including where to go for residency papers, vehicle registration papers, driving licenses and more...

GOVPH is the official Philippine government portal in the country. It has information useful for people living and working in the Philippines, for businesses, and for foreign nationals moving to the Philippines.

Most of the government agencies, both national and local, are open Monday to Friday from 08:00-17:00.

Bureau of Immigration

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) is the government agency responsible for processing and issuing the documents for foreigners moving to the Philippines, for example visa applications and alien registration cards. Applications for an extension of a temporary visitor visa and a visa upon arrival can also be made at the BI.

Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE)

DOLE is the government agency for employment-related information.

Applications for an Alien Employment Permit (AEP) are filed with the DOLE and take approximately five days to process. The application should be made at the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Regional Office or Field Office having jurisdiction over the intended place of work.

Department of Trade and Industry

The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) is responsible for the Philippines trade, industry and investment activities.

Land Transportation Office

The Land Transportation Office (LTO) is responsible for the registration of motor vehicles, issuing driver’s licenses and enforcement of land transportation laws, rules and regulations. Foreign nationals can exchange their foreign driving license for a Philippine one at any Land Transportation Office (LTO) center or District office. Driving licenses can also be renewed within a day at any LTO licensing center.

Bureau of Internal Revenue

The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) is responsible for all income taxes, fees and charges. Applications for a Tax Identification Number (TIN) are made at this office and the registration procedure takes about two hours. It must be carried out at the Revenue District Office of the place of residence of the applicant. Companies that are applying for this number must do so at the Revenue District Office where the head office is located.

Community Tax Certificates

The Community Tax Certificate (CTC) is required for those filing an income tax return, registering a new business or applying for postal ID. Certificates can be obtained from any local government office (barangay, municipal or city hall) where the CTC is issued.

Department of Health

The Department of Health (DOH) is primarily responsible for health services and provides basic public services to all Filipinos.

National Bureau of Investigation Clearance Certificate

This certificate is generally required for employment purposes and indicates whether the person has a criminal record or not.

It is possible to apply for NBI Clearance online - and make the appointment for biometrics scanning at the same time. The person then just has to go to the local NBI office for the fingerprints and photo and to get a copy of the certificate.

  • National Bureau of Investigation
    At: Taft Ave., Ermita, Manila, Metro Manila