Road Traffic Accidents

Information on what to do if you are involved in a car accident in the Philippines: who to call and how to fill in the accident report document for insurance after a car crash...

What to Do At the Scene of an Accident

In the event of a minor accident where there are no serious injuries, the first thing to do is to move the vehicle out of the way so that traffic is interrupted as little as possible. If possible, take photos before moving the vehicle.

Exchange name, address, contact details, driving license number, number plate and insurance details with the other driver and stay at the scene of the accident until an agreement has been reached between parties, or until the respective insurance companies have been contacted. Traffic investigators can be called if the parties disagree on responsibility. In Metro Manila, it is possible to call the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on 136 for assistance, elsewhere in the Philippines, call local police for help.

If there are injuries, call the nearest hospital, and give first aid if possible while waiting for paramedics to arrive. In Metro Manila, call the MMDA on 136 to request a traffic investigator and medical assistance.

In the event of a serous accident, it is necessary to file an accident report with the local police, this will be required for any insurance claims.