Information about the national administrative centres of Singapore - where to go for work permits, the SingPass, and government eServices...
The Singapore government websites are well organised and provide a great deal of useful information about how the system works. Nearly all interactions with government departments (applications, payments, etc.) can be done online, using SingPass.
- Start with the Singapore Government web portal: Click here
Most people living in Singapore find that it is useful to get a SingPass. This is a "personal access password" which allows transactions to be made with various government online services using one common identity and password.
- For more information: Click here
All Singapore citizens and permanent residents, as well as holders of an Employment Pass or a Dependant's Pass, may apply for a SingPass. Some Work Permit holders are also eligible.
- To check whether a Work Permit holder is entitled to a SingPass: Click here
The eCitizen web portal centralises the Singapore government's various eServices, and offers help and guidance in their use.
- For a full listing of eServices available on eCitizen.sg: Click here
Ministries and Departments of the Singapore Government
- Ministry of Communications And Information (MCI): responsible for communications technology, the media sector, public libraries and government communication policy
- Ministry of Culture, Community And Youth (MCCY): responsible for sports, the arts, heritage and youth matters
- Ministry of Defence (MINDEF): responsible for Singapore's armed forces
- Ministry of Education (MOE): responsible for education policy, public schools, and the registration of private schools. Its website hosts extensive information resources for parents, students and teachers
- Ministry of Finance (MOF): governs public finances and financial regulation
- Ministry Of Foreign Affairs (MFA): responsible for international relations
- Ministry of Health (MOH): responsible for the regulation of private and public healthcare
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA): responsible for policing and other aspects of domestic security
- Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA): responsible for documents related to travelling, citizenship, permanent residency, identity, birth and death
- Ministry of Law (MINLAW): suggests legal policy
- Ministry of Manpower (MOM): responsible for workers, work passes, work-related social security and workplace regulation
- Ministry of National Development (MND): responsible for land use and building development
- Ministry of Social And Family Development (MSF): responsible for social development programmes, infant care and human development
- Ministry of The Environment And Water Resources (MEWR): responsible for utilities and environmental issues
- Ministry of Trade And Industry (MTI): responsible for the overall economic development of Singapore
- Ministry of Transport (MOT): responsible for roads, maritime traffic, ports and air transport
- Land Transport Authority (LTA): responsible for public transport and private road vehicles
- For the gov.sg directory of public services: Click here
Picture courtesy of Singapore Tourism Board