Replacing a Singapore Driving Licence

What to do if your Singapore driving licence is lost or stolen, if you change address, or if the driving licence is damaged. Find out how to replace or update your Singaporean driving licence...

Below are details on what to do if you need to replace or update your Singaporean driving licence if it is lost, stolen, damaged or if you have moved house or changed name.

Information on converting a driving licence to a Singaporean one can be found on the Exchanging a Driving Licence page.

How to Replace a Singapore Licence

A Singapore driver's licence must be replaced if it is lost, damaged, if the holder has changed from a foreign ID to a Singapore ID (permanent resident), or if there is a change in personal details (such as address or name).

This can be done by going in person to the Traffic Police Headquarters, although a change of residential address can simply be carried out at a neighbourhood police post or Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).

  • Traffic Police Headquarters
    : No.10 Ubi Ave 3 Singapore 408865
    Tel: 6547 0000 / 1800 547 1818 (hotline)
    Opening hours: 08:30-17:30 Monday to Friday and 08:30-13:00 Saturday

The procedure can be relatively quick, although it is advisable to avoid going during lunch hours. There is a queue ticket system (take a number and wait to be called), and once the formalities have been carried out the licence is sent by post to the applicant's address.

The following documents are required when applying for a replacement:

  • One passport size photograph (matt/semi matt on a white background)
  • Passport, work pass, residence pass or NRIC (National Registration Identity Card)

There is a fee for the replacement licence, which can be paid by Cashcard or NETS only.

A Police Report is also required if the person is applying for a third and any subsequent replacement.

Changing an address on a driving licence

A Singapore driving licence must be updated with the new address details within 28 days after moving house. This can be done at a Neighbourhood Police Post or Centre, or through the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA). Proof of the new address must be provided (for example a recent utility bill).

Find reputable Car Dealers & Car Hire & Leasing companies through our local business listings