Dependant's Pass and Letter of Consent

Details of eligibility, the process and paperwork needed to apply for a Dependant's Pass, as well as information about applying for a Letter of Consent to work while holding a DP...

The Dependant's Pass (DP) entitles the immediate family of an Employment Pass (EP) holder to live in Singapore with the EP holder. The application for a Dependant's Pass may be submitted at the same time as the Employment Pass application, but for approved Employment Pass holders, they need an Approval In-Principle letter before the application for the Dependant’s Pass.

Until the Dependant's Pass is issued, the applicant must make sure that they have a valid Social Visit Pass to remain in Singapore.

  • For further information from the MOM: Click here


Employment Pass / S-Pass holders with a minimum salary of S$4000 and above may apply for a Dependant's Pass for their spouse and unmarried or legally adopted children under 21 years of age.

How to Apply

Applications may be made via EP Online or by submitting the completed Dependant's Pass Application Form via the Deposit Box located on Level 1 in the MOM building. It can also be submitted by letter to the Ministry of Manpower:

The documents needed are:

  • A completed Form 12 (Dependant's Pass Application Form) for each applicant (if submitted manually). A local sponsor (a well-established Singapore-registered company, normally the employer of the Employment Pass holder) must sign and endorse the form with the company's stamp or seal. A parent must sign for children under 12 years old
  • A copy of the official Marriage Certificate (where applicable)
  • A copy of the children's official Birth Certificates showing both of the parents' names and the child's name (as necessary)
  • A copy of the children's official Adoption Order or document (if appropriate)
  • A passport-sized photograph of the applicant taken within the last three months. No photograph is required for children below 12 years old
  • A copy of the Travel Document page showing the applicant's personal particulars

Processing time may be up to three weeks.

On Approval

The following documents must be submitted at the Ministry's Customer Services Centre (at the MOM building) when collecting the Dependant's Pass:

  • Applicant's current travel document (with at least two blank visa pages)
  • Completed Medical Documents (where applicable)
  • In-Principle Approval Letter
  • Either the Disembarkation/Embarkation Card (Green Card) for renewal, or the Immigration White Card (IMM27) for new application.

The Employment Pass must be collected before the Dependant's Pass can be collected.


Dependant's Passes may be renewed online via EP Online.

The Dependant's Pass must be given up if:

  • The Employment Pass holder no longer holds a valid Employment Pass
  • The Employment Pass holder has become a Permanent Resident of Singapore
  • The Dependant's Pass holder leaves Singapore

A two-week Social Visit Pass will be issued on cancellation.

Letter of Consent – Employment of a Dependant's Pass Holder

If a person holding a Dependant's Pass wishes to work in Singapore, they must obtain a Letter of Consent (LOC) from the Singapore Ministry of Manpower. Applications should be made to MOM via EP Online with the usual documentation for an Employment Pass. The Dependant's Pass holder may not start work until they have received the LOC. If the Dependant's Pass is cancelled, then the LOC will also be automatically cancelled. The renewal procedure for the LOC is the same as for a Dependant's Pass.

The employer must inform the Work Pass Division in writing if they wish to cancel an LOC.

  • For further information on the letter of consent: Click here

Further Information

Find reputable Jobs, Recruitment Agency & Headhunters & Business Consultants & Advisors through our local business.

Information contributed by One Visa Pte Ltd 9 Temasek Boulevard, #09-01 Suntec Tower 2, Singapore 038989 email Tel: 6407 1579 / Fax: 6407 1501 Copyright © One Visa Pte Ltd All Rights Reserved. Picture courtesy of Singapore Tourism Board