Studying in South Korea

Information on studying in South Korea and the visa requirements...

Teenagers wishing to study for a degree or study at a college or university in South Korea should apply for an Overseas Study (D-2) visa. The application should be made by the student themselves at a South Korean embassy or consulate. As well as standard documents (passport, application form and a photograph) the application also requires the following:

  • Acceptance letter from the college or university
  • Proof of academic achievements
  • Evidence of the applicant's financial situation

Young people going to South Korea to study the Korean language or to study at an educational facility that falls outside of the remit of a D-2 visa, should apply for a General Training (D-4) visa.

  • For further information on student visas: Click here (To view the page in English click on "English" in the top right of the screen. To read about student visas select "Immigration" in the bar along the top of the "Information Shortcuts" bar in the middle of the page and select "Immigration Guide". Finally click on "Education" in the top box)